PDP7 – Improved prevention, assistance, protection and (re)integration system for victims of sexual exploitation
Promotor: General Secretariat of Ministry of Home Affairs /Observatory on Trafficking in Human Beings
- Directorate-General for Health (DGS)
- The Institute of Employment and Professional Training, IP (IEFP)
- Family Planning Association (APF)
- O Ninho
- Fundação Madre Sacramento – Equipa de Intervenção Social “MICAELA”
- Obra Social das Irmãs Oblatas (OSIO)
- Nadheim Centre
€ EEA Grants: 295.147
€ Total Amount: 295.147
Programme: EEA Grants Work-life Balance
What is the project about?
This project aims to enable better prevention strategies, to support the identification and delineate targeted and tailored assistance, protection and (re)integration programmes and measures aimed at victims’ of sexual exploitation.
What will it achieve?
Through the collaboration with multiple bodies (and in close cooperation with local authorities and non-governmental organizations, namely women and victims’ associations), this project aims at the:
- Assessment of the experiences, conditions and vulnerabilities of victims of sexual exploitation, especially aggravated in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic and the new forms of violence against women and girls in digital platforms;
- Analysis of the mechanisms aimed at the prevention, detection and assistance of victims of sexual exploitation (such as human trafficking for sexual exploitation) and their improvement following a holistic approach;
- Designing and test of a guideline and inter sectorial flowchart (harmonization of procedures and communication between different stakeholders and across all stages) for a better referral of victims and aiming at their social reintegration;
- Assisting migrants on their voluntary and assisted return or with their regularization or asylum proceedings.
- Promote training actions aimed at professionals who intervene in the areas of prostitution, human trafficking for sexual exploitation or other forms of sexual violence. The training actions are based on a Human Rights and victim-centred approach.
Working together for an inclusive Europe
activities (in portuguese)
- Apresentação Pública do Projeto “Melhorar os sistemas de prevenção, assistência, proteção e (re)integração para vítimas de exploração sexual”
- Projeto para prevenir e monitorizar as vítimas de exploração sexual foi hoje apresentado
- Casos de tráfico de seres humanos em Portugal aumentaram quase 40% em 2021
- Sessão de apresentação pública do Projeto “Melhorar os sistemas de prevenção, assistência, proteção e (re)integração para vítimas de exploração sexual”